Indianapolis City-County Councilor District 4
Councillor Evans will NOT seek reelection in 2023 to the Indianapolis City-County Council.
Hi, I’m Ethan Evans, City-County Councilor, District 4
Born and raised in Indianapolis in a union household, I have been involved from a very early age in standing up for working families and those marginalized by social norms and legislation. It is my belief that a community should be sustainable and provide a quality of life for all. This includes good wage jobs with benefits, the right to join a union, adequate, affordable housing, strong public schools, and available care for those with mental illness. I serve on the Indianapolis City-County Council to provide better governance and responsiveness to the needs of all in our community.
We have many significant issues that need attention, including the continued need for infrastructure improvements, public safety, creating sustainable economic growth without displacement, increasing locally owned business investments with fair wage jobs, increased access to mental healthcare services, and permanent supportive housing with wraparound services for those experiencing homelessness.
- Standing up for improved infrastructure in our community and working with city officials to ensure repairs and maintenance are done in the best way possible
- Expanding access and treatment options for mental healthcare across the city
- Finding humane solutions for those experiencing homelessness, including permanent supportive housing with wraparound services.
- Support for criminal justice reform, eliminating inherent biases, and ensuring adequate funding for both public safety and social services.
- Ensuring access to public transportation which is essential for access to jobs and food resources.
- Bachelor of Arts in Cinematography, San Francisco State University
- Masters in Secondary Education, Indiana University
- Licensed K-12 Educator, State of Indiana
I am currently employed with MSDLT and work as an Instructional Assistant with special needs students at Lawrence Central High School.
I volunteer with local community organizations supporting neighborhoods, including Lawrence Community Garden, Kheprw Institute, as well as supporting voter registration activities along with community food and school supply drives.